Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Not quite as romantic as it seemed at the time....

This was supposed to be a great surprise for Jenn. There's quite a lengthy story to this, but to sum it up, we have a computer in our bedroom that's too noisy to be left on all the time. So, it gets shut off all the time. A couple weeks ago, I was working on a very quiet Dell in there and left it on to install some stuff while I was away.

My lovely wife noted that if my work mule were that quiet it wouldn't bother her at all. So last Friday I ordered the thing sitting right in front of my 17" monitor.
"What is it?" you ask.
It's a Sonic Tower made by Thermaltake.
"Okay, what does it do?"
It replaces the heatsink and fan that sits on top of your CPU, you know, the little fan that makes all the noise.

Well, the thing is it's much erm... bigger... than I was expecting, and frankly I'm not sure it's going to fit in my case.

The point of this is, that while I really don't care how noisy my machine is, I wanted it as quiet as possible for my wife. Truly, I could sleep through almost anything. It's all part of working night shift for the last nine years, you learn to sleep when your head hits the pillow regardless of what time it is.

I'm going to go put this thing on now. I'll post and let you know the results later on. I've really neglected my blog lately, mostly because life's been so crazy. But that should all come to a screeching halt in a few weeks.Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's not flowers, but the right romantic thoughts were there. That was thoughtful.
Misty

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com