Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Facebook Fan Check Virus

I've received a few messages from well meaning people to notify me that the Facebook app Fan Check has a virus embedded in it. I'd like to dispel these rumors.


Fan Check is a buggy application. It doesn't work very well. Sometimes, it messes up your wall. But it does not, I repeat, NOT contain any viruses.

The supposed antidote for the "Fan Check Virus" is tons more dangerous though. Many people just google for the removal tool for it. Guess what, you'll find lots of sites referencing a removal tool for the Fan Check Virus.

DO NOT go to these sites. Below is a video I've found of what you will most likely see if you do visit:



If it's too late, there's still hope. There are legitimate removal tools to get rid of the illegitimate removal tools. One such tool is Malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org), a free program that I've had lots of luck with. If you have an infection Malwarebytes won't fix, or you don't want to mess with it yourself, email me. Or if I'm online, you can contact me through the widget below.

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com