Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Printer not so FAQ...

I just returned from a service call. The job was to troubleshoot a printer I had installed a couple months ago for a lady.

On the phone when she called, I asked what the problem was. She just said she can't print. How right she was.

Expecting to have to possibly re-install drivers for the printer, I slotted out a half-hour for my visit at the most.

When I arrived this morning, I found a printer out of paper, the little green light flashing because it was out of paper, and 17 print jobs stacked up waiting for some paper to put it on.

Thinking surely there must be more to this I asked for some paper for the printer, which the nice lady promptly fetched. I put the paper in, hit the little green flashy button, and just like black voodoo printer magic, it spit out printed pages.

The above story, while completely true, was not intended as actual help in any kind of printer or other associated hardware tragedy. If you are experiencing any type of printer woes, I highly suggest seeking help elsewhere. Unless of course, your printer is just out of paper, in that case, this might be exactly what you're looking for.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I'll comment on ya, baby. I did love the way you told it in person even better. You left out that she's been trying to print for over a week now.

Also, is she the gal who delivered a check tonight insisting that you told her a different street #? I assured her that you've lived her 3 years and have never gotten lost on your way home yet.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com