Sunday, November 30, 2008

Craigslist Junkie

A guy brought his computer in the shop the other day. He had a version of the notorious Anti-virus virus. I was backed up a couple days at the time and told him it would be early the next week before I could get to it. He started looking very very nervous, like he couldn't cope without his computer for that long. He asked if I had a loner, which at the time I didn't. He then told me he wasn't sure if he could make it until Monday without his computer. I had a good chuckle and talked with him a bit more before realizing he was as serious as a heart attack. He was truly distraught without his computer.

The next day, everything else in the shop was either waiting on parts, or needing lots of time to fix. I went ahead and threw his on the table, partly because I knew it was a pretty easy fix, and partly because I was afraid for this poor man's sanity. It didn't take but about 30 minutes or so to fix, so I called his house and got his wife. I think I heard a "Thank you Jesus" when I told her the computer was fixed. "I'll be right there", was her reply, quickly followed by a click of the phone. Her truck pulled up minutes later, she quickly hopped out, and came in. "Thank you thank you thank you, I don't think I could put up with my husband another night!"

As it turns out, this guy has a serious addiction to craigslist. Apparently, that's all he does when he's home. His kids had to leave the house cuz they couldn't stand to be around when he didn't have his computer. His wife was at her wits end. The whole family was ready to leave, because he couldn't cope without his craigslist fix.

I was glad to know that not only was I able to repair their computer, but also their sanity.

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com